This is an adaptation of the mocha crunch bars I made a few weeks back, which didn’t wow me because they included instant coffee.
These, though – these were sensational. Full of rich flavour and addictive, nutty goodness. They were better than any store-bought chocolate bar, and don’t have any refined sugars, chemicals or preservatives. There’s no baking required, either – just heat, mix and spread in a pan. Don’t you love easy recipes like that?
To make these fully raw, I could melt the coconut oil and nut butter in a double-boiler, or even warm them in the dehydrator, as it doesn’t take much heat for the coconut oil to melt.
What else could I add to this recipe? Maybe dried coconut?
Like what you read here? Consider subscribing to my blog, either by email (at the top right of this page) or in a reader.
- 1 ¼ cups mixed nuts
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- ¼ cup peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp raw honey (optional)
- In a food processor, grind nuts and seeds until fine. Mix in a large bowl with flax seeds, cocoa powder and coconut sugar.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt coconut oil and peanut butter together, stirring until combined and smooth. Off heat, add vanilla and raw honey, if using.
- Pour coconut oil mixture into the nuts and seeds and stir until it comes together. Press into an ungreased loaf pan and chill in refrigerator until set. Cut into 8 bars.