This recipe is genius and I’m totally peeved that I didn’t think of it first.
Avocados? Love them. Hummus? Could eat it every day. It makes sense that the two together would produce a perfect marriage.
At first bite, this dip tastes like ordinary hummus, but then you’re hit with a lovely, sweet avocado aftertaste. Yum. Next time I’ll probably add more avocado, as there is no such thing as too much avocado.
What’s the most creative thing you’ve seen added to hummus?
- 1 garlic clove
- 100g dried chickpeas (or one 15-oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 1 ripe avocado, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of ½ lemon
- sea salt, to taste
- ¼ tsp coriander
- Soak chickpeas for eight hours or overnight in cold water.
- Drain and rinse, then boil in fresh water for about 40 minutes or until fully cooked and soft. Drain and allow to cool.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and puree with a hand blender, or use a food processor. Season to taste with salt.