This is a tasty, healthy recipe for when you’re feeling lazy and want dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes.
It’s basically a delicious thin-crust pizza, and I’ve made it several times in the last few weeks with a variety of toppings like caramelized onions, garlic, tomatoes, spinach, kale, peppers, mushrooms, etc. The sky’s really the limit here, so get creative!
You don’t even have to use the Daiya cheese if you don’t have it on hand – just make a cheese-less version instead.
- One brown rice tortilla, or tortilla of choice
- ¼ – ⅓ cup tomato sauce, salsa or pesto
- 1 cup or more of chopped vegetables (I used spinach and yellow pepper on the one above)
- sprinkle of Daiya cheese, or any vegan cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the tomato sauce on the tortilla, leaving ½-inch border for the crust.
- Add toppings and Daiya, if using.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then broil for one or two minutes until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crispy.
What’s your quickest healthy meal?