Best. Ever. Hummus.
A bold declaration? Perhaps. But oh so true.
I consider myself a hummus aficionado. I’ve been around the block with hummus recipes, so believe me when I say this recipe is all kinds of awesome. The extra twists of miso and hot sauce make it magical! Don’t worry, it still tastes like traditional hummus, but with a boost of extra flavour and zing.
I used sprouted chickpea miso here, which makes this recipe soy-free. But I know it can be hard to find, so feel free to sub regular miso instead.
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp chickpea miso (or regular miso)
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 4-8 drops of Tabasco sauce (or other hot sauce)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- paprika, for garnish
- Place all ingredients except for salt into a food processor and blend until the hummus is coarsely puréed. Add in the salt gradually, stopping to taste as you go.
- Add more water if needed to reach the consistency you like. Scoop into a bowl and drizzle with an extra splash of olive oil and paprika.
- Keep in a sealed container in the fridge.