Don’t read any further if you’re Irish. You might be offended by this twisted distortion of a traditional favourite.
I’ve become obsessed with mashed cauliflower. It’s so creamy, so delish, so easy and it tastes almost identical to mashed potatoes.
Cauliflower is great for detoxification and, although it’s bland and white in colour, is extremely high in Vitamin C. Kale is like a little multivitamin, plus it fights inflammation and cancer.
Tasty and healthy. Worth bucking tradition for? I think so!
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1 small leaf of kale
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp coconut oil or olive oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Place the cauliflower and garlic in a vegetable steamer and lay the kale leaf on top. Steam for about 8 minutes.
- Let the veggies cool for a few minutes. Remove the kale leaf and set it aside.
- Put the cauliflower, garlic, oil and salt in a food processor and blend until the mixture is soft and creamy.
- Tear the kale leaf in pieces and add it to the processor and pulse a few times, until it is chopped.