A significant portion of this granola was intercepted by my belly on its way to the storage jar.
It all started with the decadent, heavenly aroma that permeated the house. Then I began gingerly breaking off small chunks to nibble on as the granola cooled. Before I knew it, I couldn’t stop grabbing for more.
One chocolatey bite will instantly take you to your happy place (incidentally, my happy place is eating chocolate in my kitchen – so I didn’t have far to go).
Another bonus is that this granola is incredibly simple. You could embellish it with extra nuts and dried fruit, or use it as a topping for dairy-free yogurt or ice cream, but I just loved it on its own.
So the moral of the story is: prepare yourself to exercise restraint before you attempt this.
What foods do you need to summon your willpower for?
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened, shredded organic coconut
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup raw honey
- ½ tsp vanilla powder, or vanilla extract
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Mix all of the ingredients together and spread out on a baking sheet lined with a silpat or parchment paper.
- Bake at 250-275 degrees F for about 30-35 minutes, or until the granola is dry and crunchy.
- Store in a sealed glass container.