I could tell you plenty about the healthful properties of carrots. Like they are loaded with antioxidants, are great for the cardiovascular system, keep our eyes healthy and help prevent cancer.
But I won’t bore you, because all you need to know is this carrot salad is ah-mazing.
It’s the perfect mix of sweet and tart, with a little bit of crunch for good measure. And with only five ingredients, it will take you no time at all to throw together. This one is definitely going to be part of my summer repertoire.
What’s your favourite simple salad?
Love desserts? Me too! That’s why I wrote an e-book about how to make them healthy. Take a peek here.
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- ½ cup raisins, finely chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped (you could also substitute pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds to make a nut-free version)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- First, shred your carrots and toss them into a medium-sized bowl.
- Take your raisins and chop them finely, as this disperses them throughout the salad. Chop the walnuts and add them along with the raisins to the bowl.
- Drizzle the salad with maple syrup and lemon juice, then mix well.
- Taste and adjust the dressing if necessary.