I hemmed and hawed over buying these popsicle molds. I asked myself if I’d really use them in the long term, or if they’d merely collect dust in a cupboard after the novelty wore off?
Only time will tell, but now that summer is here I can say with certainty that I’ll be making these treats again.
Avocado creamsicles are extremely simple to make and are utterly delicious. I went easy on the sweetener, but if you want the avocado flavour to be less prominent, then I’d suggest throwing in a bit more.
Note: I used molds that are free of bisphenol A (BPA), which is a dangerous chemical that messes with your endocrine system. It’s found in plastics and tin cans, and it’s bad news – so avoid it if you can. You can read more about BPA here.
If you don’t have molds, you could freeze these in glass or paper cups. Or you could freeze it in one big tub and then spoon it out like ice cream. Your call.
What is your favourite popsicle, creamsicle or fudgsicle flavour?
Love desserts? Me too! That’s why I wrote an e-book about how to make them healthy. Take a peek here.
- 2 large avocados
- ¾ – 1 cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup raw honey, or sweetener of choice
- ¼ – ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips, chunks or cacao nibs (I used these)
- Slice the avocados in half, then remove the pits. Scoop out the flesh and put it in a blender. Add the coconut milk and honey, then blend until smooth.
- Taste and add more sweetener or coconut milk as desired. You could also add a bit of water if it’s too thick.
- Stir in the chocolate by hand, and then pour the mixture into popsicle molds. Freeze for a few hours, or until set.