You’ll either adore these, or find them completely gross.
That seems to be the polarizing reaction every time I’ve made them.
Years ago, I used to bring these to every dinner party, work function or potluck. I had just changed my diet, and they were one of the few healthy recipes I could actually prepare. Plus, I absolutely loved them.
“They taste exactly like rice crispy squares!” I would cry, and only receive dubious glances in return.
Then the masses would give them a taste, and proclaim them to be delicious or utterly vile.
I can’t understand what’s not to like – they’re gooey, chocolatey and sweet. Check, check, check. I certainly don’t need more from my treats than that.
How about you?
(Love desserts? Me too! That’s why I wrote an e-book about how to make them healthy. Take a peek here.)
- ½ cup nut butter of choice
- ½ cup brown rice syrup (or honey)
- ¼ cup cacao powder, or cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2½ cups gluten-free crispy rice cereal
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large pot over low heat, gently melt the nut butter, brown rice syrup, cacao powder and coconut oil.
- Once everything is gooey, take the mixture off the heat and add the rice cereal. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the lined pan and pat it down evenly (you’ll want to work quickly, as it’s very sticky).
- Chill in the fridge for an hour, then cut into squares.