Tahini usually gets the short end of the stick, doesn’t it? We blend it into dips, sauces and spreads, eager to disguise its nutty, earthy taste with other flavours.
Poor tahini. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.
In this very more-ish granola, tahini has the opportunity to take centre stage. It doesn’t overpower, but it’s definitely there. Being delicious.
As always, you’re welcome to chuck in more ingredients: pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, walnuts, almonds. Just do what you need to. Remember: the sooner you get this in the oven, the sooner you’ll have it in your belly.
(Looking for ways to eat healthy without spending a ton of cash? Check out my latest e-book about healthy eating on a budget.)
gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, soy-free, egg-free, five ingredients or less
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ cup tahini
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup raisins
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, raisins and cinnamon. In a separate, smaller bowl, whisk the tahini and maple syrup until they are well mixed.
- Add the tahini mixture to the oats and stir until everything is coated. Spread the granola out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway. The granola will crisp up as it cools. Allow it to cool completely before transferring to a sealed container.