In the last year, I’ve made a variety of nut and seed milks.
But for some reason, I found coconut milk intimidating. I worried I couldn’t create a version that tasted as delicious as one that came from a carton or a can.
You know what? Making coconut milk uses exactly the same process as other nut milks, and tastes fantastic.
(Looking for healthy dessert recipes, or tips for how to eat deliciously on a budget? Then check out my e-books here.)
- 1 cup organic, unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 cups hot water, divided
- Add the shredded coconut and two cups of the water to a blender and blend away for a minute or two.
- Strain the milk through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl. Squeeze as much liquid as you can out of the pulp.
- Add the pulp back into the blender with the remaining one cup of water. Blend for a minute, then strain through a strainer again.
- Makes about 2½ cups.