I have no words.
Except for ‘make these’.
Note: Though the chips look a little toasty in the photo above, remember that coconut sugar is brown, which accounts for much of the dark colour. They are not burnt!
- 3 cups wide coconut flakes
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Put the coconut flakes in a large bowl.
- In a small pot over low heat, melt the applesauce, coconut sugar and water until it becomes syrupy.
- Pour the liquid over the coconut flakes and gently toss until all the flakes are coated. Some of them may break as you stir – that’s okay.
- Spread the flakes onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 6 to 8 minutes or so, until the chips are dry and crispy. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.