Somewhere on the internet, I read the secret to creating ultra-creamy hummus is blending the liquids with tahini before adding the beans.
I wish I could remember whose blog it was that enlightened me, so I could give her due credit. Because this tip changed. my. life.
Yes. Changed my life. Other people are transformed by their first love or giving birth to children, while my world is rocked by new and innovative kitchen tips.
This isn’t the most attractive looking dish, with its ghastly gray-ish hues. But I know your taste buds will love the luxurious and creamy texture, while your insides will adore the protein, fibre and minerals.
Do you have any unusual kitchen tips to tell me about?
- 2 cups cooked green lentils (this is about ½ cup dried)
- ½ cup water, or more as needed
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 small cloves of garlic, minced or crushed
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt, or to taste
- In a food processor or blender, combine the tahini, water and lemon juice. Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the cooked lentils, garlic and salt, then process again until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.