(Looking for healthy dessert recipes, or tips for how to eat deliciously on a budget? Then check out my e-books here.)
I wholeheartedly believe that if you can read, you can learn to cook.
However, I appreciate that preparing food is intimidating and daunting for some people. Plus, the popularity of gourmet cooking shows has left many of us feeling insecure about what we create. There’s no need to be Martha Stewart, people.
For those of you who still feel inept in the kitchen, this soup is foolproof. I mean, it’s basically got three ingredients (salt and water not included). You really can’t mess it up.
You’re making this. No excuses.
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 1 bunch of asparagus (about 12-15 spears)
- ¼ cup cashews, soaked for a few hours and drained
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups of water
- In a few tablespoons of water, sauté the onions for a few minutes until they soften.
- Add the asparagus and two cups of water, then simmer until the vegetables are tender – about 20 minutes.
- Put the vegetables, cashews and salt in a blender and whirl until smooth (be careful blending hot liquids). Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, or add more water if you'd like a thinner consistency.