It’s like eating a frozen bowl of oatmeal. Does that sound yucky to you?
I promise it’s not yucky. I wouldn’t steer you wrong.
We’re almost halfway through the summer (gulp!), and have celebrated six weeks of Ice Cream Fridays. Some of you have been inspired to whip up some dairy-free ice cream creations of your own, with ice cream makers and without. Take a peek at these goodies:
- Instant Blueberry Ginger Ice Cream by The Taste Space
- Dairy-Free Ginger Pear Ice Cream by Nourished by Caitlin Iles
- Chocolate Panda Tea Infused Ice Cream by Juliette Lacroix
Perhaps we can have a little dairy-free ice cream check-in right now.
Any special requests? Flavours you’re dying to have me create, adapt, explore? Let me know in the comments!
And I have a question for you: anyone tried the new vegan meringue thing using chickpea brine? If I could create a vegan, gluten-free baked Alaska that would be the most epic dessert ever.
Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend!
- 1 cup gluten-free oats, soaked in water for 2 hours
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 80-g dark chocolate bar
- Drain and rinse the oats in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add the oats, water, coconut milk, coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust sweetness if needed.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to machine instructions.
- Chop the dark chocolate bar into chunks. In the last few minutes of freezing, add the chunks to the ice cream.